A blog about the pre-war blues (recordings, songs, bluesmen, lyrics)

Rollin' Man Blues

4.07.2007

I keep on rollin', I keep on rollin', I roll jist like a slave
I keep on rollin, I roll jist like a slave,
Well, I s'pose I hafta roll till I'm six feet in my grave.

I werk fo' da man, I rool till da sun go down,
Roll fo da man, I werk till da sun go down,
En when I come back home at nite ma woman's drunk en clown.

She says "please, papa, wud you please jist roll fo me
Please papa, I want you to please jist roll a lil bit fo' me"
Well, i got a no good woman, she's jist as drunk as she can be.

That's why I say dis

It ain't no use in rollin', no use in buyin' her no di'mon' rin'
No, it ain't no use in rollin', no use in buyin' her no di'mon' rin'
Cause any woman you can git she won't give you back no doggone thin'.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment